So the other day, something struck me. It’s never been a stranger time to be a dude in our society. I genuinely feel like the rise of guys like Andrew Tate, Kevin Samuel, and Joe Rogan is a symptom of a problem. The problem is that guys feel lost. The rise of the manosphere is a symptom of that problem. Young men don’t know where they fit in or how to act. They don’t know how to because, for so long, they’ve been told that all things that make us innately men are bad.
Men are hardwired to be leaders and conquerors. They are hardwired to achieve, mate, and do amazing things. But all the things that make men, we have been told, make us bad. As a result, we are creating a world of substandard men who are not equipped with the tools they need to do what they need to kick ass in life. That being said, I will review a few things that young men like you need in your life.
Now more than ever, young men need …
- A role model. You need to be surrounded by positive male influences. If this is not at home, perhaps a friend or an uncle can be the mentor type.
- A supportive partner, whether a woman or a man. This person loves you, nurtures you, and is healthy. This relationship will facilitate you being a healthy person and stop you from going down a toxic, destructive rabbit hole.
- Good friends who will not blow smoke up your ass. Too many of us surround ourselves with people who tell us what we want to hear because they don’t want to offend or hurt our feelings. You need people who are willing to be honest.
- A financial plan is critical. Be smart with your money and figure out a way to develop F.U. money because until you do, you’re always going to be ruled by the man, whether credit card companies, a mortgage, or a boss. Also, get rid of high-interest debt, which puts you in a position of weakness. You need to redirect cash and deploy it to make yourself more money. Whether investing or starting a side hustle, passive income can change your financial game.
- Protection from identity theft. Identity theft is the fastest-growing crime out there. I’ve had my identity stolen three times. I first used LifeLock but then found Aura. Aura has everything you need in one easy-to-use app, including identity theft protection, fraud monitoring, antivirus software, a VPN, and password management. Try Aura for 14 days free!
- A goal. What is your North Star that you are striving for? Are you working towards that goal? You need a plan and a direction. You have to have something that you’re striving towards. If you don’t, you will be lost and never achieve anything.
- Ability to focus when it’s not fun and not rewarding. You need the ability to focus and block out the noise. We are being bombarded by distractions and have become conditioned to search for our phones constantly.
- Routine and structure. With routine, you can systematically and structurally move through your day, knowing what you’re doing so that you’re truly productive. Make a list and prioritize those items. Your daily routine must include exercise by incorporating physical activity into your life. This needs to happen every single day. Just because you look good right now does not mean you are healthy. Take an active role in your health. This includes your diet and mental health as well.
- Manage stress and anxiety. Exercise can help but also be around people that love you. If you’re doing drugs or drinking too much, get these things under control. Habits you start now can perpetuate as you get older, which is a recipe for disaster.
- Patience. I know with social media, you see people getting rich quickly and getting good bodies through performing enhancing drugs. You need patience because nothing ever great was accomplished super quickly. Be diligent and disciplined.