Your health is your most valuable asset, and once it’s gone, it’s gone. No matter how much money you have, you can’t fix it. The unfortunate reality is that a lot of us neglect our health and don’t think about it until there’s a problem. But once there’s a problem, it’s too late many times. The other reality is that our society and medical system are really good at putting band-aids on problems as opposed to teaching people how to be healthier. Every medical problem has a pill for it.
The truth is that our body gives us ‘check engine’ lights, which are indicators that something is going on (aka you may not be as healthy as you think). I am a firm believer that if you start taking better care of yourself and identifying subtle signs that something’s going on with your body, you can fix them before they become bigger problems and you can’t.
Fix these health issues BEFORE they become bigger problems
- Eyes — if the whites of your eyes are a bit yellow, potentially your liver may have an issue. If your eyes are red or bloodshot, you could have allergies, lack of sleep, or high blood pressure.
- Poop — if you are not regular, this is not normal. On the flip side, if you are going all the time or if it’s consistently loose, that’s not normal. Also, super pale and super dark (blackish) are not normal.
- Digestion — if you have excess gas or bloating, something is going on with your gut health. Your microbiome supports so many different aspects of your overall health, and taking a pre- and pro-biotic are essential to support systemic health. I’ve been taking Seed DS-1 Daily Synbiotic, and it’s been amazing for my body.
- GI tract — indigestion or acid reflux are not normal, and leaving it untreated could cause esophageal cancer.
- Mouth — chronic bad breath is an issue, which could point to problems with your mouth, intestines, or sinuses. Identifying the source of the problem is important.
- Big Al — not being as big, strong, and/or hard are situations that could mean high blood pressure, heart issues, or low testosterone (which could also affect your sex drive).
- Weight — having man boobs, love handles, or a spare tire is not normal or healthy. High body fat can potentially lead to bad things. Exercise, eat a healthy diet, and get your body fat down.